Better Perl

Robert Sedlacek rs+london.pm at 474.at
Fri Apr 4 15:18:48 BST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 14:15:41 Aaron Trevena wrote:
> What new fields hasn't Perl entered into that Python or Ruby have ?

I haven´t done any python, so please excuse if I´m talking out of my lower
back. It seems to me that python´s popularity comes to a large part from
the GUI app sector. Sure, Perl has probably more bindings to toolkits than
python, but to use them you often have to refer to the C API documentation.
This is rather hard for people without C background. Currently I'd
attribute this diversion to the differences in the developers´ backgrounds
of those two (main) communities.

-rs