[ANNOUNCE] April London.pm Meeting (3/4/2008)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Apr 7 10:49:23 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:33:52AM +0100, David Dorward wrote:
> On 7 Apr 2008, at 08:40, Kake L Pugh wrote:
> >
> >So what did people think?
>
> Excellent
>
> > Did you like it?
>
> Very much
>
> >Would you like to go back some time?
>
> Oh yes

Those would be my three answers, but Kake already knows that I'm biased.

> > Did anyone have trouble getting there (that wasn't caused
> >by the Jubilee Line being broken)?
>
> Better transport links, as far as I'm concerned, then most of the pubs
> that have been venues since I started paying attention.

Is that because it's close to London Bridge, and hence Thameslink going
both north and south? Because, if so, wouldn't a pub close to Waterloo 2.0
(or Farringdon) work equally well?

Because the counter point was that it's both "about 10 minutes' walk from the
nearest underground stations" and that those stations aren't on lines as
connected as the dense grid of tube lines in the west end.

However, turnout seemed good, and I remember that we got 32 people to the
non-heretics meeting at the Royal Oak on the 1st March last year, and that
was even more south of the river (technically zone 2 even), so it doesn't
seem to be that scary. I wonder if we can go back there on May 1st.

(Oh, for the scared-of-the-south who didn't attend - fear not - there are
reassuring views of the north from the upstairs room at The Bridge House.
Admittedly it's not quite as good as the Founders Arms, where you can keep the
north in site for every step of the way as you walk/run/flee back to it -
in the Bridge House you have to look away for about 15 seconds to get down
the staircase and out onto Tower Bridge Road)

Nicholas Clark