Better Perl

Richard Clamp richardc at unixbeard.net
Mon Apr 7 18:28:35 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 12:02:48PM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Mon, Apr 07 2008, Richard Clamp wrote:
> >
> > I'll also take this chance to once again also point out that there's a
> > difference between an author checking the comprehensiveness of their pod,
> > and an author making a show of it in order to score well in a box-ticking
> > contest.
>
> Are you demeaning people who write code for you for free?  If so, I
> think you would like the world a lot better if CPAN authors just stopped
> doing anything.  That way you wouldn't get upset when they don't meet
> your unrealistic expectations.

If pointing out that ticking a box for the sake of ticking it doesn't
improve the quality of software is demeaning, then yes, that's exactly what
I'm doing.

People should try and make their documentation useful and complete, we wrote
Pod::Coverage to help with that.  I retain the right to dispute that
measuring the presence of a file with a specific name that just happens
to get a higher mark in the Fantasy Correctness League is indicitave of
good software.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>