Better Perl

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Apr 11 18:27:44 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:18:55PM +0100, Johan Lindstr�m wrote:
> At 19:17 2008-04-10, Matt S Trout wrote:
> >Patches to Devel::Declare to improve Method::Signatures welcome.
>
> Is Method::Signatures orthogonal to Moose?

Effectively, currently. I've used the two together happily, although
you need to be aware that Method::Signatures is run-time, not compile-time
(and I haven't tested it with Devel::BeginLift, though you're welcome to
file a bug if that doesn't work :)

> Would they benefit from being more integrated somehow? (Like, I don't
> know... runtime Moose type validation or something like that).

Devel::Declare is separate because it provides mechanism, not policy.

Somebody was working on a p6-style-but-with-Moose-TCs version of a
method keyword but I dunno what happened to that; I'd poke the Moose
mailing list to find out.