Top 10 perl books

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:29:46 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 02:50:17PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
>  [...]
>
> > I've heard that both of those books are rather different between the
>  > 1st and 2nd editions.
>
>  In this case, "rather different" means "share nothing but the title".

Something like that (I don't remember the details).

So it would be good to say something along the lines of "but get the
first edition if you can since the second is completely useless" (or
vice versa), or even "and get both if you can since they're completely
different and you'll learn something different from each edition".

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>