Top 10 perl books

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 18:51:14 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 06:17:55PM +0100, Chris Jack wrote:
> Talking about "best" books - IMO, gets you away from the equally
> important point about getting the book that happens to have the
> information you need. One of the most interesting Perl related books,
> IMO, is Mastering Regular Expressions

I've had a review copy of MRE 2nd Ed. for a _long_ time now, and the
closest I've ever came to a review is,

  "it rocks, buy it"

It's really a great book, it is authorative about RE's, it introduces
other languages RE syntax. It's really hard to say anything
interesting about it beyond anyone who uses RE's should get a copy.

the only downside i can think of is the 2nd edition doesnt introduce
that much material beyond the new language syntaxes for RE's in
comparison with the 1st edition, but then again the 1st edition was
already pretty good - it's just a classic old school o'reilly book.

G.