MySQL Performance Example Was: Seriously, WTF?

Bob Walker bob at randomness.org.uk
Thu May 8 16:20:32 BST 2008

> I have to confess to being in a state of shock at only having constructive
> to insert 100 million rows into such a sad excuse for a relational database
> anyway its not a database cause it doesn't have any foreign keys and really
> you'd be better off using PG and blah, blah, blah...." Is this what happens
> when the sun comes out?

when the sun comes out we go and hide in basements. such as tonights
social.
http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Shooting_Star,_E1_7JF

also with a 100 million rows you arnt trying hard enough :)

basically all software is hateful and sucky.

Ive found both mysql and postgresql suck my will to live. although i blame
the programmers for wanting such hateful things. bastards the lot of you
:)

--
Bob Walker
http://london.randomness.org.uk - http://tech.randomness.org.uk