Stopping double clicking with Perl CGI

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Thu May 22 10:38:15 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 10:17 +0100, Chris Jack wrote:
> It seems to me that the logical way to do it would be to disable the
> button when it is pressed, but I haven't found an example of how to do
> that on the web yet.

At the risk of having missed something; this is usually done (very
simply) with Javascript.

Google suggests:
<input type="submit" ... onclick="this.disable = true" />

For bonus points, figure out how to re-enable the button after a few
seconds, so that if the submit hangs and drops out they can try
resubmitting it.  (I have no idea if that's possible, but it would be a
neat solution to the main annoying problem with self-disabling submit
buttons)