Installing XML::Compile::SOAP

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jul 18 17:42:47 BST 2008

* Jason Tang (dragor at jml.net) [080718 15:22]:
> On Fri Jul 18, 2008 at 04:48:15PM +0200, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> > * Jason Tang (dragor at jml.net) [080718 14:03]:
> > > I'm wondering if anyone else is getting this problem when trying to
> > > install XML::Compile::SOAP
> >
> > It is probably caused by changes in XML::Compile which I made recently.
> > I can reproduce the error, and will try to publish a fix today.
>
> aah thanks.. I thought I was going insane :)

Bugs happen.

Found the cause: since XML::Compile 0.88 (July 8th), the reader of
XML messages is strict on the name-space of the elements it picks,
not only looking at the localName of the elements.  Well, that broke
XML::Compile::SOAP.

You know, the official SOAP1.1 specification is so horribly broken
that it's schema does not say that it is name-space qualified, although
it certainly must be used that way!

So, it took me some time to find the cause, but the solution was simple:
force the name-space qualifiedness with an option that compile() has.

I'll release a new ::SOAP later this evening. (And a new version of
XML::Compile, as usual on Fridays)
--
Thanks for the report,

               MarkOv