Food of the Gods ?

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:57:20 BST 2008

On 13/8/08 15:43, "Nigel Rantor" <wiggly at wiggly.org> wrote:

> James Laver wrote:
>>
>> And for those of you who have no idea what we're talking about, it's layered
>> potato slices, bacon and sausage in a delicious gravy and optionally topped
>> with cheese. Bake in the oven.
>
> CAN HAS RECIPE?!?!

Peel loads of spuds and chop them into slices, as if you were making the
sort of saute potatoes they serve in french restaurants (except they use
poncy new potatoes, you want proper I've-been-hauling-bricks-all-day
potatoes). In a large casserole dish,

Now alternate layers of potato and mixed sausage and bacon bits.

If you have fresh stock, great, if not throw in a couple of stock cubes and
enough hot water to cover the solids. Bake. Near the end, throw on some good
quality cooking cheese and leave to melt.

Serve the panacalti in a bowl with a side portion of panacalti for good
measure. Maybe top with panacalti?

Cheers,
--James