Food of the Gods ?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 22:03:52 BST 2008

On 13 Aug 2008, at 21:14, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
[...]
> wait, does this mean you don't use both butter and lard in your
> steak sauce?

If you need to add anything to your steak, you didn't cook it right.
The steak comes with its own sauce.

A place I used to really like visiting but recently turned crap would
serve what they claimed to be Béarnaise sauce with their steak, but
which tasted suspiciously like rancid mayonnaise. I've no idea what
they expected me to do with the damn stuff. I wonder if it was
intended as a talking point rather than a condiment.

The same place would dump a bottle of Heinz tomato sauce on the table
as well. FFS.