[OT] Geotagging pictures

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 15:17:50 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:50:04AM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> Yesterday, I noticed that my shiny new C902 geotags photos. At least
> it adds some cellid information to give that okayish GPRS triangulation
> thing.
>
> iPhoto junks this data so flickr can't and doesn't do anything with it.
>
> Has anyone done anything useful with this kind of data?

You might want to talk to JJ from Birmingham.pm, as he uses it to update
the photo keyword tags to identify the city/town/village and country
where the photo was taken. If you have a look at his Photo Tools slides,
he makes mention of some of things he does.

http://perl.jonallen.info/talks/phototools

Cheers,
Barbie.
--