Who wants to hack on...?

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Fri Aug 22 11:12:53 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 10:56 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:30:40AM +0100, Denny wrote:
> [...]
> > No, but I found someone who'll pay you to write one:
> > http://jobs.perl.org/job/9162
>
> USD500, or about two pounds fifty?
>
> Since when did jobs.perl.org become yet another one of those moon-on-stick
> find a coder sites?

We were just discussing this in the office here.  Our guess is that the
advert was written by a 15 year old 'entrepreneur' (check the email
address and company name) looking for a 14 year old minion.

Anyway, it's to write a wrapper for a social networking lib - someone is
going to do it to scratch an itch (witness this thread), so the money is
an unexpected bonus really.