Random Perl/SVN Question

Jonathan Stowe jns at integration-house.com
Sun Aug 24 09:18:02 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 01:13 +0100, David Precious wrote:
> Randy J. Ray wrote:
> > The core classes that come with subversion seem to be fairly mid- to
> > low-level, and what I need is the ability to analyze a specific
> > transaction (pre- or post-commit are equally acceptable for this task).
> > To be more specific, I need to know what files are part of the
> > transaction, and what their disposition is ("U", "D", "A", etc.). Short
> > of grep'd (or ack'ing) through the SVK sources, can anyone suggest how
> > this would be done with the core Perl/SVN classes?
>

> The commit-email.pl script supplied with Subversion parses the output of
> svnlook to obtain that info; that might be worth a look.

And assuming the Python binding maps to the same basic API as the Perl
one and you can be bothered looking at Python code then it is probably
worth looking at the mailer.py which ships in the subversion source (or
can be found at
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.4.x/tools/hook-scripts/mailer/mailer.py )