Mobiles and macs

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Sep 11 09:06:47 BST 2008

On 11 Sep 2008, at 08:08, IvorW wrote:

> My sister is a mac user (a relatively recent convert), running her own
> business. She is reviewing her current mobile phone contract and
> model.
>
> Ideally she wants a phone that can sync her diary and contacts from
> the
> mac, but all the models she has found seem to be geared towards
> Windoze
> lookout. She wants to be mobile with full email and calendar
> facilities.
>
> Can anybody recommend a solution? Even the helpful guy in the Apple
> shop
> was struggling with this one.

I had a Vario II for a while, which worked great (apart from the
size!) and you can get the mac syncing stuff from

http://www.markspace.com/

I regularly used it as a bluetooth modem also (despite T-mobile
telling me it won't work with a Mac! ;-)

I now have a Nokia E51 which does all of the above (Nokia has a mac
download from their site for syncing photos/music/files). And it looks
nice and thin also! :-)

cheers

adam