Pub for tomorrow?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Fri Nov 28 15:07:53 GMT 2008

On 28 Nov 2008, at 14:57, ben at bpfh.net wrote:

>> I was just at the Calthorpe for lunch, paranoia prompted me to
>> check and
>> it turns out it's booked for a wake this evening.
>
> OK, so do we want to make an alternative plan? Although I can't
> make it to
> the LPW tomorrow, I was hoping to have a couple of beers and a chat
> with
> people tonight.

The alternate plan / pub is the Kings Arms. This is:

* Close to the original venu
* Has 3/4 nice real ales
* Does good, affordable Thai food
* Has quiet upstairs room we can invade
* Is out of the way that it is still quite quiet.

Convinced? Good...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/20/20555/Kings_Arms/Clerkenwell

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=WC1N
+2JF&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.524979,-0.116901&spn=0.015914,0.038195&z=15

I'll hopefully get up to the Calthorpe at just after 6, and get the
bar staff to redirect confused people in the right direction...

Cheers
t0m