LPW: Slides... DBIC and new recommendations!

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Sun Nov 30 10:39:39 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've put the slides from my talk (the 20 min version) online:

http://www.slideshare.net/ranguard/dbixclass-beginners-presentation/

After a discussion with Matt Trout in the pub I am not as convinced about my
tip of putting an 's' at the end of a table name (there's now a comment in
the slides to this effect), but I need to do some testing before I work out
what I would actually recommend, at the moment I'd suggest consistency is
the best approach and adding the 's' does still make the relationships
clearer when your learning, even if as Matt points out it makes the Result::
package name a bit odd (Result::Authors, being for a single author).

Matt's going to review the talk so I may put up a second version at some
stage.

Anyway thanks to everyone that made is such a great day.

Enjoy!

Leo