*.perl.org facelift

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Mon Dec 8 07:36:11 GMT 2008

Ovid wrote:
> Out of curiosity, have you spoken with pudge about this?
 > He hasn't seemed interested, but I could be wrong.

I've (just) pinged him a heads-up in case he hasn't seen it, but his
other comments in the thread seem to suggest that it's not his highest
priority right now.

But that's cool.  It was really only supposed to be a bit of tentative
dabbling to see where inspiration might strike.  A couple of people have
already expressed an interest in dabbling with it further so it might go
somewhere yet.

I was also mindful of Andy's comment:

     However, I'd strongly suggest that you come up with actual prototypes of
     what you want to change to BEFORE contacting them. Lord knows they've had
     enough people bluster in and say "I want to change perl.org's front page!"
     with no results.

With that in mind, I thought it better to sketch out some ideas first before
putting my head above the parapet.

I suspect that it'll end up being a bikeshed-painting project, but we live
in hope.