Perl is Alive!

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 23:27:38 GMT 2008

----- Original Message ----

> From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric at gmail.com>
>
> >> The future is with the youth, and the solution is simple, as Tony said
> >> "Education, Education, Education!".
> >

> > I beg to differ.
> > "Marketing, marketing, marketing."
>
> Which in my dictionary is:
>
> "Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!".

Marketing is not inherently evil. Some people assume that because some marketing is bad, all is bad, but the little mom and pop shop on the corner taking out an ad saying "buy local" isn't evil, even though that's marketing.  Can we PLEASE stop with the "one size fits all" idea of marketing?  Blindly assuming marketing is bullshit doesn't help, just as blindly assuming it's a savior doesn't help.

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/