H.O.P. online (was Re: # and believe me, Perl is still alive... still alive!...)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Dec 10 12:03:59 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:55:47AM +0000, Avleen Vig wrote:

[Snip reference to copyright infringing site]

> While I understand why you did it, I would kindly like to request that
> we don't promote sites which host stolen copies of ORA books.
> It's not fair to ORA, who give the perl community a great deal of support.

And not fair to the authors of those books, who inevitably put a lot more
effort into the book than they get back in royalties. Writing nearly any
technical book is not a way to make money.

However, one book you can download for free now, legitimately, is Higher
Order Perl:

    http://hop.perl.plover.com/book/

I still owe MJD a review. For now, I will continue to substitute the ::Tiny
version:

    Don't just buy this book; read it.

Nicholas Clark