Copyright Theft

Jonathan Stowe jonathan.stowe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:07:36 GMT 2008

2008/12/10 Denny <london.pm at metamathics.org>:
> On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 14:36 +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
>> So, we all think that a site with no O'Reilly branding  [...]
>
> The first image I can see on that page is the O'Reilly 'Programming
> Perl' image.  The second link on the page goes to oreilly.com.  Call me
> gullible, but it wouldn't have occurred to me to question it.

Doesn't the link improve it's google page rank?

The whole geek community has a big problem with intellectual ambiguity
in respect of the whole intellectual property thing anyway IMO, we all
tend to agree that ripping off the books is a bad thing and everything
and then half of you go off and advocate using dodgy russian MP3 sites
and bit-torrents BECAUSE THE CONTENT MUST BE FREE MAN!