I think you meant... (was Re: london.pm.org web site - facelifted (v2))

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Sun Dec 14 20:48:43 GMT 2008

Jonathan Stowe wrote:

> I think you meant "I would submit patches" - strange how sometimes your
> keyboard goes wrong like that.

No Jonathan, I don't mean that.

At all.

If I meant that I would have said it. Do you see?

And I object to this attitude that one is not allowed to voice their
opinion on a subject if the subject in question is some form of
open/collaborative effort that one has not contributed to.

There are plenty of things I'm good at. Web design isn't one of them.
And at the same time that does not invalidate my opinion when it comes
to usability of sites. I am, after all, a user. One who cares about
ergonomics.

People are, and should be allowed to say "I don't like it." as feedback
to the people who are doing the work, otherwise, how do they know if the
people they're making things for like the results?

Since we all know there is more than one way to do it I would encourage
you to remember that there is more than one way of helping to build
something. And if you don't regard testing and feedback as worthwhile in
that regard then I pity your customers and/or employer.

This attitude is also, in my opinion, another reason the l.pm is
sometimes a less-than-friendly place.

Yours Sincerely,

    Nigel