Perl is Alive! (Dispatch war rocket AJAX...)

muppet scott at asofyet.org
Tue Jan 6 01:23:08 GMT 2009

Finally slogging through my mail backlog after the holidays, and i
find this:

On Dec 10, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Andy Wardley wrote:

> PS I think we should make "Perl is Alive!" the unoffical secret verbal
> handshake by which Perl mongers make themselves known to each other
> (spoken in the style of Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon, of course).
> The
> correct response would be something along the lines of "Dispatch war
> rocket
> AJAX to bring back the document body from a server-side Perl web
> application
> handler powered by Catalyst, DBIx::Class, TT, Moose, and many of the
> other
> fine modules available from CPAN that make Perl a robust and reliable
> platform for enterprise-ready solutions".  Hmm... might need to make
> the
> response a little more snappy... but I think it's got promise  :-)

... and now i can sleep at night, knowing what has been elided by the
ellipsis in the header on the new website.  Thanks, Andy.  Can we get
a link to an audio clip of you reading that entire exchange in the
style of Brian Blessed, please?

--
I hate to break it to you, but magic data pixies don't exist.
   -- Simon Cozens