[ANNOUNCE] London.pm technical meeting about "What is Moose and why is it the future?" on 19th Feb 2009

Andrew Beattie andrew at tug.com
Wed Jan 28 19:44:10 GMT 2009

Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> Chain saw safety appears to be a well trodden topic:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw_safety_features

Thanks for pointing that out.  It made me shudder to read it.

I still have vivid memories of climbing to the top of a ladder to cut
the top of a tree with a trunk of about two feet diameter.  Cutting the
tunk just above the top of the ladder meant that I was uncomfortably
close to the machine.

The noise, vibration and terror left a lasting impression.

I was ten or eleven at the time...

Back before the phrase "health and safety" had been invented...

Andrew