ActiveState Perl on Vista

Duncan Garland duncan.garland at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 15 12:51:10 GMT 2009

Hi Lyle,

That was a lot of the problem. I added trouchelle and uwinnipeg to the list
of repositories and the list of available packages grew considerably. I was
able to install Devel::ptkdb, Calatyst and DBIx::Class using the ActiveState
PPM.

It didn't install the dependencies properly for Devel:ptkdb properly. I hand
to install Tk.pm separately. Once I had done that, it worked. I've never
used the other two packages, so I didn't know enough about them to do even a
simple test.

Strange that a CPAN install didn't work. I tried it with perl 5.10 on both
XP Pro and Vista Home Edition.

Thanks for your help.

Duncan