Schema into diagrams

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Fri Mar 27 17:37:28 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:

> Paul Makepeace wrote:
>>
>> Do people have a favorite MySQL schema -> (ER)diagram tool? Basically a
>> quick way of visualising a database. Ideally one that sucks out the schema
>> from the db itself, altho' I guess a mysqldump-driven one would be fine too.
>
> I use SQL::Translator for that
>
>  http://search.cpan.org/dist/SQL-Translator/

Thanks. (Used that years ago so it goes)

OmniGraffle is a great tool for this kind of thing, and it looks like
its file format is an Apple plist (XML) so should be reasonably
straightforward to have SQL::Translator spit out data that OmniGraffle
could render nicely. Has anyone done this or anything in this
direction?