Beautiful is better than ugly

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Wed Apr 22 12:14:23 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 07:53:31AM +0100, Léon Brocard wrote:
> Alias ranted: http://use.perl.org/~Alias/journal/38842
>
> Which Perl website do you think looks the worst? Which has the worst navigation?
>
> We managed to redesign london.pm.org. Is it time to do another?

Of all the websites Alias mentions, I either don't visit the site, or I
have no issues with them. (But then, I don't give a rat's ass for shine -
all I care for is information, and most information I care about doesn't
need to be any more fancy that a plain ASCII document).

Except the one Alias was most positive about. www.yapc.org. I go there,
not surprisingly, to find out information about YAPCs. But yapc.org lists
many conferences. Top 2 on the list are conferences in the past. The
first yapc is only #4 on the list. And the big link doesn't go to the
YAPC site, no, it goes to some Google calendar.

Functionality, that's important. Who cares whether it was developped
in 1996? It's not that people were stupid around that time.

Abigail