Techmeet slides - legacy slides/Ivor Williams

Chris Jack chris_jack at msn.com
Wed Apr 22 15:04:02 BST 2009

>  James Laver james.laver at gmail.com wrote:

> As L?on has just posted to the list, slides from the last techmeet are

> now available in PDF format from the london.pm website.

> It would be really nice if we could dig up as many past slides as

> possible and host them on london.pm.org. A lot of links to slides on

> other sites are now dead, which is tragic.

I too noticed some of the links were broken to London Perl Monger talks - in particular some of the talks Ivor Williams gave. Some of these seem to have moved to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ivorw/slides and also http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ivorw/slides/geogmod.ppt which is missing a link from the top page.

As Ivor is recently deceased, I imagine they may not stay there indefinitely and it might be a nice small tribute to Ivor if we copied them to the London Perl Monger site so they don't disappear. I found Ivor's presentations by searching for the file names on google - it may well be possible to track down a lot of other broken link files this way.

For those who don't know: a memorial event for Ivor Williams will take place on the 25th April (i.e. next Saturday), beginning at 2pm, at the West London Trades Union Club, Acton High Street (http://www.wltuc.org/)

If you are planning to attend this event, please respond to (e-mail ian.grieve at stcatz-oxford.com), in order that catering can be organised in advance.

Regards

Chris