Encode::Mangled?

Mike Whitaker mike at altrion.org
Mon Jun 1 14:26:24 BST 2009

On 29 May 2009, at 11:21, Ben Evans wrote:

> I've heard the standard management argument that "it'll take longer
> to fix it upstream and cost more than working around it, and anyay
> the broken data source will be going away real soon now..." more
> times than I care to think about.
>
> Not only has it never been correct, it has never been within 1 order
> of magnitude of being correct.

Oh - welcome to my (soon to be changing) world.

Certain very purple newsfeed parsing systems have to cope with masses
of special cases for 'this feed lies about its encoding'...

In some cases, the feed maintenance folks even do it the way we tell
'em to.
--
Mike Whitaker    | Perl developer, writer, guitarist, photographer
mike at altrion.org | Board member, http://www.enlightenedperl.org/