Hardware Reliability

Raphael Mankin raph at mankin.org.uk
Fri Jun 5 17:59:41 BST 2009

Although various companies, including Google, have done such analyses,
they are all very wary of publishing too much detail (manufacturer names
and models) in case they get sued for libel. Don't be surprised at the
dearth of hard information.

So far as disks are concerned, all disks have flaws. The worst ones go
into consumer grade computers; the better ones are sold in the server
market.