Geekiest place on earth? (was Re: Big Geek Day Out)

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Jun 15 14:50:44 BST 2009

On 15/06/2009 14:17, Michael Lush wrote:

> Is there a visitor attraction Geekier than Bletchley Park?
>
> Apart from Bletchley park the geekiest place I've been is
>
> Miraikan (Tokyo) which has some great exhibits and including Asimo and a
> model internet running TCPIP over pingpong ball(!)
> http://www.miraikan.jst.go.jp/en/
>
> Honrable mentions to Science Museum London (nach)
> National Space Centre, Leicester (if you go there drop by the (free)
> Abby pumping station next door)
>
> I like the sound of the NSA Cryptologic Museum
> http://www.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic_heritage/museum/index.shtml
>
> Any other suggestions?

O'Reilly have just published a book for you.

The Geek Atlas - http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596523206/

"With this unique traveler's guide, you'll learn about 128 destinations
around the world where discoveries in science, mathematics, or
technology occurred or is happening now."

See also http://www.geekatlas.com/.

Dave...