[OT] SalesForce + CVS

Raf rafiq at dreamthought.com
Mon Sep 14 14:26:27 BST 2009

Off-topic, however, we seem to be a technologically broad group.

I'm trying to setup up a strategy to get multiple developers
collaboratively developing against personal -in the cloud' SaleForce
sandboxes and a single CVS repository.  We're using the latest Eclipse
plugin and have a strategy which involves local development, refreshes
from server(cloud sandbox) and deploying cvs updated changes back to the
cloud sandboxes.

This is bringing up all sorts of issues due to the metadata which gets
exported along with any one change.  I've also had issues where objects
'refreshed from server' appear locally as incomplete representations of
the cloud objects.

I wondered whether someone has encoutered this frustration previously and
worked out a decent strategy/model for allowing collborative development
in such a context?

Would apperciate any feedback.
Thanks,

Raf