Skype

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Thu Sep 17 18:09:48 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Andrew Black
<andrew-perl08 at mail.black1.org.uk> wrote:
> I am having a debate about Skype at $work.
> I have a gut feeling that I don't like it. Tried to read the T&C and got
> very confused. "Wool" "eyes" "over" "pulling" comes to mind.
>
> What are other peoples views on it.

since the company currently sending me paychecks is a subsidiary of
the company that owns skype, we use skype chat a *lot* at work.  i've
heard that skype chat is encrypted.  so using it for work for us
(e.g., production releases to our website usually involve twenty
people in different locations in the same release chat) is perfect.

but, giving into paranoia, i'm careful not to skype anything i
wouldn't want my company and/or ebay to see.  just in case They're
Watching(TM).

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.