Skype

Jonathan McKeown jonathan at scatterlings.org
Fri Sep 18 08:33:37 BST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 20:10:07 Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Talking of sip, does anyone have recommendations for consumer voip
> services? Ideally I'd like something I can make (direct dial) calls from on
> my laptop+headset and it'd appear as a e.g. UK mobile. And take calls on
> that number, perhaps ringing another mobile as well as the laptop.
>
> Extra points for having the ability to select the 'from' address I.e.
> appear as a US number.

Have a look at voiptalk.org.

I pay them a fiver a month for a London telephone number and 1000 hours a
month of free outgoing calls to landlines in most of the civilised world.
They also have pay-as-you-go/top-up options, and they will sell you telephone
numbers from all over UK and lots of other countries.

Jonathan