Anyone hiring at the moment?

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Tue Sep 22 08:32:04 BST 2009

> Perl is in a funny state.

Too true, one half is being let quietly out the back door while the other is
an academic exercise in futility, (but don't dare say that or someone will
probably shoot you, or sabotage your next book, or...)  Perl is it's own
worst enemy, which is a crying shame for a language which is so good to use.

My experience with the Perl job market is that it's very much not dead, but
it's certainly struggling.  And when the job specs. an agency gets is so
confused that they are trying to find a support-someone with a minimum of 3
years with an application which I wrote last year, you have to feel sorry for
them.

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen