Anyone hiring at the moment?

Sue Spence sue at pennine.com
Wed Sep 23 17:12:58 BST 2009

2009/9/23 Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <philippe.bruhat at free.fr>

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 02:11:01PM +0100, Sue Spence wrote:
> > A few years ago I used to report to a manager based in Amsterdam, where
> my
> > $work maintains a rather large data centre and quite a few staff.  As a
> > result I was fortunate enough to go there several times and spend a bit
> of
> > time.  The food on offer appeared to be of a reasonable standard.
>
> For brits.

For nearly anyone.  I know that, were I to live there, I could find most of
the ingredients I would like to have in order to make tasty meals.  I don't
expect to find exactly the sort of food I want to eat in the touristy areas
of Amsterdam (or Paris for that matter).  Maybe they won't have horse steaks
in the butchers shops, but hey you can't have it ALL.  :-)