sudo and spaces

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Thu Sep 24 00:38:17 BST 2009

greetings,

http://search.cpan.org/~landman/Sudo-0.32/lib/Sudo.pm says:

     As this module depends upon IPC::Run, it has all the
bugs/limitations of IPC::Run.
     Spaces in file names, executables, and other odd items which give
IPC::Run fits,
     will give Sudo fits. We would like to fix this, but this requires
fixing IPC::Run.

this sounds to me like maybe a reason not to use it.  i suppose i
could supply double quotes around any paths potentially having
whitespace and around other "odd items".

anyone used this module and run into this issue?

thanks,
david
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.