Anyone hiring at the moment?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Sep 25 11:28:12 BST 2009

On 25 Sep 2009, at 01:27, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
[...]
> Oh god, don't. I shall be touring with a band in early November and
> whilst the first two dates are civilised: London and Oxford, but from
> then on we're in arse-ends like Sheffield,

Excellent drinking: I recommend the Devonshire Cat, Fat Cat, Dove and
Rainbow, and possibly the Red Deer. The Winter Garden is worth an
amble through.

> Nottingham,

The Trip to Jerusalem pub is an interesting historic building,
although the beer is merely adequate and you'd be better off going to
the Saluation Inn round the corner. Nottingham Castle is nice to
wander around.

It's otherwise a fairly dull city, which is why I left at age 18 and
never looked back.

> Stoke and heaven forbid, Glasgow.

I can't say that Stoke appeals, but I really do want to visit Glasgow
one day to see if people really do eat deep-fried Mars bars, or
whether they were invented to wind up the English.