Last Straw. Camel's Back. Etc.

Thu Oct 1 09:18:35 BST 2009

Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> But I need somewhere else to go. I'm thinking probably Be, but I'm
> open to suggestions of other suppliers. Does anyone want to share
> horror stories or recommendations?

I've just spent a very happy year with Be, which only ended because I
upped and moved to somewhere already with a connection. I only had one
issue, which was the microfilter dying, so I've no first-hand experience
of their tech support, but I've heard quite lovely tales of a tech
support IRC channel with genuine techies in it.
Whenever I cared to measure the speed, it was pretty close to that
advertises (16Mb), and I never had cause to doubt it.

I spent the previous year with Virgin Media, which was basically
electronic masochism.

My dad's also had a long (~15 year) reliable relationship with BT,
though this doesn't appear to be the norm.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)