Last Straw. Camel's Back. Etc.

Paul Sharpe paul at coreware.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 18:43:10 BST 2009

2009/10/1 David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>:
> Oh, I should also mention that the one time when stuff broke recently,
> the Nildram call centre understood things like "traceroute" and "your
> border with $fooISP" and didn't just ask me to reinstall Windows.

I had a similar, recent positive experience in terms of technical
knowledge.  They also said they would call me back.  And did.  More
than once.  On a weekend.  Which was nice.  Between us we managed to
do enough tests in order to escalate the fault to the relevant part of
BT who did their own tests over the weekend and an engineer appeared
first thing on Monday, established there was no fault at my house,
went to the exchange, fixed the error on the line card and service was
restored.

Before that fault I can't even remember the last time I had a break in
service.  I've also been with Nildram on and off for about 10 years.

We also use Webtapestry who are very good.

paul