Payment Providers

Dominic Thoreau dominic.thoreau at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:44:34 BST 2009

2009/10/1 James Laver <james.laver at gmail.com>:
> I'm looking for a card processing service to take payments with.
>
> Essential features:
> 1. No javascript required to make a payment (that means you, NetBanx).
> 2. No insistence on 3dsecure (because really, it's horrifically insecure).
> 3. I don't have to store any credit card details at all.
> 4. They deal with as many of the legal issues as possible so I don't have
> to. Particularly PCI DSS.
> 5. Established, tested cpan modules for dealing with them
>
> My initial inclinations were the big guns like Datacash and Paypoint, but of
> some concern was datacash's website being hosted on IIS, and the fact that
> neither of them have modules on cpan (and frankly, the perl examples for
> datacash were more than a little embarrassing for them).
>
> So, recommendations? Horror Stories? Legal guidance?

Okay, I've been quiet on this so far, and I admit I can't actually
address most of your points. Also, the disclaimer here is going to be
*very* obvious.

At my $employer , the CEO is also running another company, whose
primary business is handling credit card transactions. I'm moderately
sure that they don't have a CPAN module, but they are a perl shop, so
it shouldn't be outside their skills to make one.

In the interests of not spamming the whole list I'll not mention them
directly here - just say that they've got their office on one of the
main canals in Amsterdam, and leave it to James to email me offlist if
he wants details.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually employed by said company, but as far as I
know they may well be providing the profit that the boss is using to
keep us afloat (if we need that, I'm not exposed to the numbers that
much)
--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.