Help me become a Londoner!

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:57:40 GMT 2009

2009/11/19 David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk>:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:44:44AM +0000, Dermot wrote:
>
>> On this point all I would say is avoid Foxtons.
>
> Why?

There was an article in one of the papers - possibly a London paper -
that detailed several cases of Foxtons charging excessively for their
'services'. In one case the departing tenant was charged a vast amount
for the cleaning Foxtons insisted was necessary at the end of tenancy.
It effectively drained their deposit. The article also detailed
excessive charging to the landlord as well. I also had the telephone
bombardment that Peter described with the added bouns of them putting
me through to their recommended mortgage broker, how also hounded me
for several days. It's my opinion, but I don't have the figures to
prove it, that they inflate the price of everything their handle in
the rental and sales market.

Dp.