Help me become a Londoner!

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Tue Nov 24 19:53:57 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Luis Motta Campos
<luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I'm not dinging TfL, and yes, they do provide a reasonable means
of getting around London with the caveat that you check for line
closures on every journey (something that I don't recall methodically
doing 10 years ago).

It's that your own two wheeled transport is just so much quicker. The
earlier-quoted w9 to w2 3RL journey would be about six minutes on
a(ny) bike, and no walking.

Where a bike really excels however is at night. If you go out late and
need to get home the ratio between time on night bus and bike can be
upwards of 10x.

Paul