"free" beer (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] London.pm December social 2009-12-03, The Prince Bonaparte, W2 5BE)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Dec 4 11:41:29 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 07:26:41PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies for the late announcement (I *told* Léon I was too unorganised
> to be Pub Tsar), but don't you worry, we have a pub for the December
> social. Because I'm lazy we're going west again, this time to The Price
> Bonaparte in Westbourne Green.

We had an very nice unannounced surprise - a very pleasant person from
Goldman Sachs visited (Yan Fitterer), placed £40 in the kitty, and produced
a "pub quiz", which several people seemed to have fun with. His part of GS
are recruiting, and hoped to find a better class of candidate at our social
meeting.

Ilmari and I (and probably others) thoroughly approve of people sponsoring
the kitty, and would like it to happen more often. We'll drink to this!

(If banking is not your thing, it looks like Gumtree are trying to recruit
another contractor. But they haven't yet been persuaded to sponsor the kitty.)

Nicholas Clark

PS Warren Street tube station is closed tomorrow. Use Goodge Street.
   http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=weekend