Founding a Perlmongers group

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Thu Feb 18 14:19:13 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 02:56:09PM +0000, Anthony Fisher wrote:
> Ovid <publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > for cross-disciple presentations.
>
> Personally, I think it's better to keep religion separate.

Last year, the French Perl, Python and Ruby communities organized their
first OSDC.fr, as a way to mix communities and ideas. We had talks about
Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, Smalltalk, JavaScript, MySQL, testing, etc.

Apart from a Java whiner who complained afterward about people saying bad
things about his favorite language[*], everyone seemed very happy with it.
We plan to have one again in 2010.

The three communities have their own separate events, so everyone's free
to decide if they like their religions separate or in an ecumenical mix.
Or both.

[*] I looked a bit at his blog and online history, and the whining seemed
    to be part of his personality. During the event, everyone tried to
    avoid gratuitous language bashing as much as possible.
--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 When you double-cross a friend, you triple-cross yourself.