Facebook apps

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:04:24 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Edmund von der Burg
<edmund.vonderburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 August 2010 18:59:16 UTC+1, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm - do you use the authentication in a web app?  I've already
>> described it in this thread - get_fb_params does not work for me
>> (returns nothing - even though
>> Facebook is sending some data to my script).
>
> I'm playing with the shifting sands that are the facebook api right now.
>
> I suspect that you need to go in to your app's setup and under the
> advanced tab choose 'disable' for 'Canvas Session Parameter'. Indeed
> everything on that page should be disabled to play nicely with
> WWW::Facebook::API.

What we did eventually here at work is that we use the Javascript
facebook library - it is maintained by FB and high profile - and so
should be updated with each new API change.   For our app we import
the data via a confirmation page - so the javascript builds that
confirmation form and later at the server side we deal with a standard
form POST.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/