gifts for geeklings

Michael Lush mjlush at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 10:35:02 BST 2010

Christmas is coming (not to mention birthday) and I've got to come up
with main presents to get my boy (will be 12  we've already done the
usual suspects Wii,  DS, phone, camera, LEGO Mindstorm and he has enough
LEGO! )

Rather idealistically I'm looking for somthing that will not be used for
an hour or two then gather dust for the next 10 years.

I'm wondering about getting some animation software (he's show interest
and loves pivot (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/stickfigure.html))

I've found a few lists but nothing seems right

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/17_christmas_gift_ideas_for_ge.php
http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2009/12/09/gift-guide-3-think-of-the-children/
http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsforkids/

I like the Star Wars Force Trainer thought is seems expensive
for a dust magnet (http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsforkids/bf1b/)

--
Michael