Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Jan 6 20:39:06 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 07:04:13PM +0000, me said:
> Before I write my own (or repurpose one of the hundred previosu ones
> I've written) does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks, Dancer looks perfect.

Is there a good rule of thumb with these things as to whether something
should go in the middleware or not. My instinct would be: anything that
requires application logic or config (like knowing how to connect to the
datastore) should be in the app whereas stuff like, say, gzipping should
be in the middleware with any blurry lines (OAuth support for example)
handled using callbacks.

Sounds about right?