Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:25:37 GMT 2011

    Simon> In short - I don't really need the CRUD stuff from a
    Simon> framework, I really just need the url based dispatch. I
    Simon> played around with Catalyst (which I'm familiar with from 6A)
    Simon> but it felt like it was a bit of a sledgehammer and that it
    Simon> was (not unreasonably) tied to an ORM.

You got the wrong impression, Catalyst isn't tied to anything, it's just
a plugglable/configurable http dispatcher, it's as simple as any of the
other perl web frameworks in that regard. It does have a larger user
base for testing/contribution/support, I'd say that's the main
advantage.

--
Eden Cardim
Software Engineer