Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 23:22:52 GMT 2011

On 10 January 2011 22:59, Denny <2011 at denny.me> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 22:00 +0000, John Imison wrote:
> > Out of interest, does anyone use CGI::Application?  What are the general
> > thoughts on that?
>
> It's called Titanium now isn't it?  Seemed nice and simple when I last
> used it.
>
> I'm working with CGI::App on a CMS that delivers a huge number of stories
and audio-visual items internationally.
It works, it's reliable and it's simple. CGI::App's been around a long time.
That means other programmers have done your testing for you. These are all
good things.
It's always possible to rewrite something to the latest, coolest tech, but
that doesn't mean it will work reliably, be cost-effective or can be grokked
by your average programmer.
There's a correlation there with whether your Ops department will allow you
to install it :-|

Regards, Peter